scrapbook circle | local wildlife

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

DSC_1598.jpg

Each week at Scrapbook Circle the design team selects a certain product from the current kit and spotlights creative ways to use it. I was very, very happy to be asked to feature my absolute favorite sheet of paper from Rhonna Farrer's new Follow Your Heart collection for My Mind's Eye- Be Amazing: Honey Blue. I still have a serious thing for hexagons, and this paper has loads of them, each containing a gorgeous little snippet of pattern. I think that the map one is my favorite!

DSC_8785.jpg

At first I thought I would cut out the outside border of the paper and use it as a frame for my background cardstock, but after I carefully sliced each line with an X-acto knife and then tried the frame out, I hated it! It was just too constrained, so I opted to take a section of the remaining hexagons instead and use them as a non-linear sort of block of background paper.

DSC_1599.jpg

The photos are from the first day of our Aruba vacation last year. I'm soooo wishing I could go back there right now as it's positively frigid at home at the moment! I'm saving up my vacation time, though, and we're thinking of checking out the Dominican Republic sometime in December, so I've got that to look forward to.

DSC_1601.jpg

Supply List:

Chipboard | Follow Your Heart: Be Amazing (My Mind's Eye)
Patterned Paper | Follow Your Heart: Be Amazing 6x6 Pad, Follow Your Heart: Be Amazing: Honey Blue (My Mind's Eye)
Brads | Follow Your Heart: Be Amazing (My Mind's Eye)
Buttons | Follow Your Heart: Be Amazing (My Mind's Eye)
Die Cuts | Farmhouse Flower Sack (October Afternoon)
Letter Stickers | Farmhouse (Crate Paper)
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan