cha winter 2012 | sketchbook by amy tan for american crafts

Sunday, February 5, 2012

American Crafts had soooo many offerings at CHA Winter 2012 that it's going to take three posts to get through them all, and that doesn't include the offerings from their other affiliated companes- Pebbles, Crate Paper, and the already posted Studio Calico!

I'll start off our tour of the American Crafts booth with Amy Tan's newest addition to her signature Amy Tangerine line, Sketchbook. Not only is Amy's new line gorgeous, but miss Amy herself is one of the sweetest people that I've met in this industry, and that makes me like her products even more.

DSC_0585.jpg

Just for fun, here's a little shot of Amy with my CHA buddy and crafty partner in crime, May Flaum. We  had a great time chatting with Amy at the show, and her portion of the American Crafts booth became our go-to spot when we needed a rest from walking around. Amy was always happy to let us play with watercolors and just chill for a while!

DSC_1058.jpg

And now for a look at Amy's gorgeous new line.

DSC_8619.jpg

I have to admit that when I first saw the sneak peeks and then the full product images of Amy's line online, it didn't grab me. I wasn't worried, though, because the same thing actually happened with her last line, and that one ended up being one of my favorites of the whole Summer show (and I've bought so much of it that it isn't even funny). There's an eclectic quality to Amy's style that just can't be translated to a catalog or web site. You have to really see it in person, take it all in, and see how the product really "hangs together," and once you've done that I'll be you'll be in love, too.

I know I'm smitten.

Would you just look at those new Thickers? I'm loving the mix of fonts and sizes.

DSC_8618.jpg

I'm especially smitten with this camera print album. I've already ordered three for my Project Life albums, and I might get a few more just to stash away for future years.

DSC_8628.jpg

There are two new Daybooks for this line, and one is a sweet new spiral-bound type. I'm totally in love with the white watercolor print one, though!

DSC_8621.jpg

Sketchbook includes so many fun embellishments- paper rosettes, tape strips, tags, fabric accents, die cuts, brads, and much, much more.

DSC_8622.jpg

DSC_8623.jpg

American Crafts has also produced a 6x6 paper pad of the line- a format that we've not seen from them before and that I, for one, am excited to have available.

DSC_8624.jpg

The line includes 24 new papers with a mix of black and white line art, nearly-neon watercolor prints, and some coordinating patterns such as doilies to round out the bunch.

DSC_8627.jpg

I can already see how some of these papers (such as the paisley) could totally be used as backgrounds and made to fit any theme or occasion just by mixing in a few bits from the wide variety of other colors and patterns available.

Like I said, you really have to see it up close and all mixed up like this!

DSC_8626.jpg

DSC_8625.jpg

Amy's previous Daybook offerings are also still available as part of the standard American Crafts catalog. I love all the new themes that came out as part of a recent mid-release.

DSC_8652.jpg

Here's a look at some of the super fun projects that were scattered around the Amy Tangerine booth- a great way to see Sketchbook in action!

DSC_8614.jpg

DSC_8616.jpg

DSC_8617.jpg

DSC_8629.jpg

DSC_8630.jpg

Sketchbook is scheduled to begin shipping in March, and Stop and Scrap currently has the entire line available for preorder. You can save 12% off the already-reduced list price by using code SCRAPPYJEDI. As always, the code is valid for multiple redemptions, so feel free to place mulitple orders with it as the preorders continue to roll in!

I'll be back later today with a look at the new Dear Lizzy line along with the rest of the American Crafts lineup.
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan