scrapbook circle | cards with the february 2012 kit

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Last year I managed to find my layout groove, but I'm not ashamed to admit that I still struggle with cards on occasion. Something magical happened with the (now sold out) February 2012 kit from Scrapbook Circle, though, and I managed to make not one but four cards that I'm proud to describe as "not hideous." Ha!

I don't know if it was the awesome array of supplies (everything on the cards is a combination of Rhonna Farrer's Follow Your Heart collection, some Elle's Studio tags, and the Flower Sack from October Afternoon's Farmhouse line) or the fact that I actually put very, very little on my cards that made these work, but I'm so very happy with the way they turned out!

DSC_1611.jpg


DSC_1609.jpg

All of the stamps (excluding the one on the card bove that's from one of the older Dear Lizzy lines by American crafts) are by Papertrey Ink. I also found myself getting slightly addicted to heat embossing (thanks to some silver Zing powder by American Crafts) on these, and now I'm finding myself using it on layouts and projects all the time- you'll be seeing lots of it in the next month!

DSC_1608.jpg

DSC_1605.jpg

Am I finally finding my card groove? Will I be able to "up the ante" on my next set (I'm thinking dry embossing would be a nice touch)? Only time, and maybe the next Scrapbook Circle kit will tell!

And speaking of the next kit, Best Day Ever and the coordinating add-on for March, Scatter Sunshine, are now live at Scrapbook Circle!

Here are just a few peeks at the kit...

 

 

 

 

 

...and at the add-on. Such gorgeous stuff!

 

 

 
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan