project life | week 5 featuring dear lizzy neapolitan

Monday, February 13, 2012

Unless you've been living under the proverbial scrapbooking rock, you've probably heard by now that Neapolitan, Elizabeth Kartchner's latest installment in her Dear Lizzy line for American Crafts, has started hitting online stores (and I'm guessing it's in an LSS or two by now, as well). I know that it's available at Blue Moon Scrapbooking and Two Peas in a Bucket, and it should be trickling into other stores fairly soon.

My own order of Dear Lizzy supplies should ship from Stop and Scrap by the end of the week (and they still have quite a bit in stock), but I couldn't stand just sitting and watching over the weekend while everyone else rejoiced over the new goodies. Luckily this month's Studio Calico kit included some of the brand new Neapolitan items, and I combined them with the contents of one of these lovely embellishment jars that I got to bring home from CHA (thanks, Lizzy!!) on my week 5 Project Life layout.

DSC_8724.jpg

I know I'm going out of order on posting these, but week 3 is being held out for an assignment and I really wanted to use these CHA photos with these supplies, so I'll go back and pick up week 4 a couple of weeks from now, and I'll show week 3 next Monday.

Got it?

Good.

Could you explain it to me, please? Because I may have confused myself...

project life week5 3.jpg

Like I said, I used CHA photos for most of this week's page, and I included a few bits of ephemera (my map of the show floor, a flyer from a restaraunt, and part of the packaging of a bag of Goldfish crackers that my Dad handed me before taking me to the airport...he's kinda awesome like that :) ) in a plain 8.5x11 page protector as an insert. My CHA badge is laying around here somewhere, and as soon as I locate it I'll stick it in there, too.

project life week5 1.jpg

project life week5 2.jpg

When I'm working on a Project Life page, I tend to lay out the photos on top of their slots on the page protectors (it makes them easier to move around) and then start arranging papers and other little decorative bits in the empty spaces.

Here are a couple of shots of my work in progress...

DSC_1768.jpg

DSC_1770.jpg

And the finished pages, starting with the left-hand side.

DSC_8791.jpg

I chose to go with pictures of some of the fun people I got to hang out with during the week...you know, instead of the 3000+ photos I took of pretty paper and sparkly bits. :) I even slipped a photo or two of me in there, but please, please ignore the ones where I look really tired. I was in serious zombie mode by the time the show was over!

DSC_1783.jpg

These little buttons and die cuts were the perfect elements for dressing up photos and decorative spots. Even though this layout is jammed full of photos, I chose to leave an entire 4x3 and 4x6 section completely available for a bit of white space, some embellishment, and just a bit of journaling. It kind of gave the spread room to breathe.

DSC_1788.jpg

Hola, May and Shimelle!!

DSC_1786.jpg

DSC_1785.jpg

Here's another trick I used to get more on my page for this week...I used a smaller journaling pen. I normally use a .03 tip American Crafts Precision pen, but I went with the .01 instead. It let me write a bit smaller and jam the journaling into a tinier area.

DSC_1784.jpg

Look, look, it's Celine!

And the right side page.

DSC_8792.jpg

I gotta give a shout-out to the girls on the Scrapbook Circle design team. It was so cool to finally be able to meet several of them (and Lisa Andrews, the owner) in person.

DSC_1782.jpg

DSC_1779.jpg

I used a bunch of the Elle's Studio pennants that came in the February Studio Calico kit (actually, they may have been in one of the add-ons) on this spread. They coordinated with the Neapolitan items perfectly!

DSC_1778.jpg

This die cut was so perfect. I was soooooo very glad to get back home after spending most of the week at the show. There really, truly is no place like home. I even got a photo of my peeps at work in one of the slots. :)

DSC_1777.jpg

I've been trying to move my title block around the page each week to keep any one corner of my album from getting too bulky from all the Thickers I know I'll be using this year. This time I chose to put it at the very bottom right corner of the page. Again, more white space and more room to breathe.

DSC_1774.jpg

Speaking of CHA (and room to breathe), I'm taking a break from booth tour posts just for today, but I'll definitely be back tomorrow with a big round of them, and I'm planning to finish them up by the end of the weekend. Stay tuned for another busy, fun week!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan