cha winter 2012 | october afternoon

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Today will be the last day of CHA Winter 2012 booth posts here on ye olde blog, and I have four manufacturers lined up, so stay tuned throughout the day for more! Right now I want to take a look at the new releases from one of my very favorite scrapbooking manufacturers ever, October Afternoon.

I discovered October Afternoon shortly after their first release. I was living in Colorado Springs at the time on a temporary work assignment, and the local scrapbook store was one of my usual hangouts. One day the owner introduced me to this new (at the time) company, and I've been in love with their funky vintage retro vibe ever since.

October Afternoon released three new lines at this show, and I'll start the booth tour with their colorful and fun birthday line, Cakewalk.

DSC_9101.jpg

One of the great things about all of October Afternoon's lines is that even though they may carry a specific theme, the papers (especially the B sides) are so versatile that they can be used for almost anything.

DSC_9107.jpg

Take, for instance, this grid paper- you could literally use this for a layout about any subject! Grid papers are one of my favorites for page backgrounds, and I usually end up buying multiples of the ones I like. I actually have a whole paper file in my stash devoted solely to ledger style papers!

DSC_9105.jpg

DSC_9087.jpg

DSC_1222.jpg

All three of the new lines come complete with the standard repertoire of October Afternoon embellishments including Mini Market letters (some of my favorite tiny alpha stickers ever), Sticky Keys, label and phrase stickers, Sprinklers, and Tin Pins.

DSC_9106.jpg

DSC_9084.jpg

There are some awesome new additions to the lineup, too, including mini books and companion themed "chapter" expansion page sets. There's a different album and a different chapter for each new line.

DSC_1220.jpg

Washi tape has also been added to October Afternoon's catalog- love that!

DSC_9086.jpg

DSC_9085.jpg

DSC_9108.jpg

DSC_9089.jpg

DSC_9090.jpg

DSC_1221.jpg

I fell in love with 9 to 5 as soon as I spotted the teaser preview on October Afternoon's blog before the show. The mix of blue, aqua, yellow, orange, and yellow-green is wonderfully understated, and of course the office supply theme totally appealed to my geeky side.

DSC_9091.jpg

DSC_9092.jpg

DSC_9093.jpg

Ledger print alpha stickers? Yes, please!

DSC_9094.jpg

DSC_9100.jpg

DSC_1216.jpg

You'll find the same types of embellishments here as in the other lines, and I spy one of my favorites, the Miscellany Pack, in the bunch! I love the mix of diet cuts, buttons, and ephemera-style items in these little packages.

DSC_1219.jpg

DSC_1218.jpg

DSC_9097.jpg

DSC_9096.jpg

Hel-lo, new Sprinklers! You must come live with me!

DSC_9095.jpg

DSC_9098.jpg

I'm saving the best for last because, as much as I adore the 9 to 5 line, I'm over the moon excited about Woodland Park. This line literally stopped me in my tracks with its mix of peacock blue and bold pink combined with all those awesome butterfly motifs. ::sigh:: Yes, I must have it all!

DSC_9082.jpg

DSC_9109.jpg

DSC_9113.jpg

Isn't this butterfly paper simply divine?

DSC_1213.jpg

And I love the peacocks!

DSC_1214.jpg

DSC_1215.jpg

woodland park embellishments

DSC_9076.jpg

DSC_1209.jpg

DSC_9111.jpg

DSC_1210.jpg

I'm totally digging the mixed up alphas here.

DSC_1212.jpg

DSC_9081.jpg

DSC_9078.jpg

DSC_9080.jpg

And do you see those Sprinkler colors? Peacock blue and a shade or two of deep, bold aqua? Be still my heart!! (Seriously, this is how my entire scrap room and living room are decorated...I die just looking at these photos again!)

DSC_9079.jpg

Speaking of Sprinklers, the whole family was on display at the show.

DSC_1225.jpg

Some of the new October Afternoon fabric was on hand, as well. It sooooo makes me want to take up quilting again, and I'm so happy that they've joined the ranks of scrapbook companies who are taking their fabulous designs to the fabric world.

DSC_1224.jpg

I'll finish off the tour with just a few more projects from the booth...

DSC_1226.jpg

...including this one by one of my scrap crushes, Marcy Penner.

DSC_1228.jpg

DSC_1227.jpg

The new October Afternoon items have staggered ship dates over the next several months, so keep an eye on Two Peas in a Bucket and Stop and Scrap for more information.
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan