project life 2012 | week 3

Monday, February 20, 2012

According to Lightroom, I took 779 photos during the third week in January. A good 650 of them were of silly putty slowly oozing down over my Darth Vader bobblehead (oh, the things we do to keep ourselves sane at work), but that's a whole other story...

As I mentioned in last week's Project Life post I'm sharing my weekly spreads here a little bit out of order. This one was held out until Scrapbook Circle featured it on their blog last week, and now I'm free to share it here!

melissa_projectlife_feb.jpg

I used the phenomenally awesome (and now sold out) Remember This kit from Scrapbook Circle for this week's spread. I love, love, love Rhonna Farrer's new Follow Your Heart collection, and though you can't get the kit from Scrapbook Circle any more, Two Peas in a Bucket has a lot of the items still in stock.

DSC_8787.jpg

I did a lot of layering with the Follow Your Heart Buttons and October Afternoon Farmhouse Flower Sack on this page- they were both a great way to add a little something extra without a lot of added bulk.

DSC_1673.jpg

I cut this honeycomb background for my Week 2 layout and decided to leave it in place (instead of covering it with a piece of patterned paper or something) for Week 3, as well. I love that you can see the little cupcake (also part of Week 2) through it.

DSC_1676.jpg

I had so much to add to this layout that I didn't leave room for a title card in any size slot, so I ended up just adding an Elle's Studio tag next to this picture and stamping it with the dates. Good enough, right?

DSC_1674.jpg

A couple of interesting candy wrappers from the week's snacks. I love how I can add little bits like this in Project Life!

DSC_1675.jpg

More Flower Sack layering here.

DSC_1677.jpg

I also bought the coordinating add-on kit this month from Scrapbook Circle, and it included this 6x6 pad from Rhonna's Follow Your Heart line.

DSC_1588.jpg

It turned out to be immensely useful for the 4x6 pockets in the Project Life page protectors. Since the pages were already 6 inches wide, I could just cut two inches off the top or bottom (whichever suited the pattern best) and have a pre-decorated card all ready to go.

DSC_1589.jpg

Moving on to the right side...

DSC_8788.jpg

There's a lot more of the same here, including layering with more Flower Sack elements, but this time with the chipboard elements from Follow Your Heart.

DSC_1679.jpg

This month's kit included several Bitty Bags from Whisker Graphics, and I found that they were the perfect size for slipping into one of the 3x5 pockets. I printed out an email that my Mom sent during the week and tucked it away inside the little bag.

DSC_1594.jpg

DSC_1680.jpg

I also had fun with the gold glitter cardstock that came in the kit- we had dinner at an Indian restaurant one night, so I backed the photos and receipt with it. It looks a bit Bollywood, no?

DSC_1678.jpg

DSC_1683.jpg

One final kit item that I want to highlight on this layout is the "this week" tag by Elle's Studio (also available at 2Peas). The amount of photos and "stuff" I had left little room for journaling, and I'm really trying to not use too many inserts in this album if I can help it. This little card let me get all my journaling for the week in one compact space.

DSC_1591.jpg

And if you're curious about the goo and Darth Vader...well, I should probably explain that I work as an engineer, meaning that all of my coworkers are also geeky engineers. The project we're on is a tad bit...demanding...as far as subject matter goes (don't get me wrong, I love it), so we find interesting ways of amusing ourselves when we need a distraction. One of the girls down the hall brought in a package of Thermochromic Glux Putty, which is basically a cooler version of Silly Putty. Anyway, we had fun putting it on top of all kinds of things and watching it slowly ooze down, and one of the guys got the bright idea that we should try it with time-lapse photography and make a video. The next day I took my D3 and MacBook Air in, and 650 frames later this video was born...




So, yeah, I'm a geek. :)
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan