project life 2011 | december 18-24

Monday, February 27, 2012

I thought I'd back things up a bit this week and show one of the older Project Life layouts (if last December can be considered older...I mean, it's sooooo 2011, right?) that I'm working on catching up on. I actually finished up several of them while at a crop a couple of weeks ago- which reminds me to say that Project Life makes great "packing for a crop" material. All I had to do was toss the album (I already had all of the photos and ephemera ready to go and grouped by week) and a few kits/paper lines into a bag, grab my generic tool kit and my Project Life tray, and off I went!

project life december 18-24 2011 1.jpg

For the week including Christmas Eve, I actually included two inserts (how's that for stretching my "I really try not to have inserts rule)- one was a 6x12 page protector to hold a few more photos since it was such a busy week, and the other is a plain 8.5x11 sheet protector (from Office Depot) that I stuck the Sunday program from church (since it showed the Christmas Eve service times) in.

project life december 18-24 2011 2.jpg

project life december 18-24 2011 3.jpg

Here's a closer look at the left side:

DSC_8819.jpg

The shot above shows it without the insert, and below you can see it with the insert(s) flipped open. I really like how the 6x12 protector lines up and looks like it's part of the page!

DSC_8820.jpg

DSC_8821.jpg

I used several little Elle's Studio tags this week along with lots of supplies from the Holiday Style line by October Afternoon. I love those papers and found that I used the 8x8 pad, the chipboard, and the Miscellany Pack the most.

DSC_1951.jpg

DSC_1952.jpg

I couldn't help using this "Naughty List" tab over the photo of Tigger. He could not keep himself away from the tree, and in fact used one of the chairs in our living room as a "springboard" several times to launch himself right into the middle of it.

The cat is crazy.

DSC_1950.jpg

DSC_1953.jpg

I've been pulling out doilies more often to scrap with lately, especially for Project Life. The alpha stickers are by American Crafts, and I cut the ticket strip using my Silhouette Cameo.

DSC_1955.jpg

I didn't do a ton of embellishing on the photo insert, but I did add a couple of little things.

DSC_1957.jpg

And here's the right side...

DSC_8822.jpg

And the right side with inserts...

DSC_8824.jpg

DSC_8823.jpg

See? Another doily. And another Elle's Studio tag!

DSC_1958.jpg

I had a lot of fun dressing up some of the plain Project Life Grid Journaling cards with the Holiday Style items. Here I placed a little strip from the Miscellany Pack right down the side just to add a touch of color.

DSC_1959.jpg

And here's one of the small Elle's Studio cards that I backed with a piece of Holiday Style paper to make it fit the 3x4 pocket.

DSC_1960.jpg

I used a bit of chipboard and a few stickers on this side of the insert. With all of the busy Christmas goings on in the photos, these pages really didn't need a whole lot more added to them!

DSC_1961.jpg

I was on a roll with the Holiday Style papers and embellishments, so I kept them out to work on the next week's spread that included Christmas day. I'm thinking I might share that one next week- we'll see!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan