layout | grill masters

Monday, June 13, 2011

DSC_5341.jpg

I grew up spoiled...spoiled by my Dad's mad grilling skills (on charcoal, no less, which in my opinion is the more difficult of the two options), that is. Chicken, steak, hot dogs, hamburgers...you name it, he can grill it perfectly! And now it seems that my brother has inherited the grilling gene (but he's a gas guy).

_DSC7535.jpg

Supplies | Patterned Paper: October Afternoon, Sassafras; Cardstock: The Paper Studio; Buttons: Papertrey Ink; Tape: Tim Holtz; Letter Stickers: American Crafts (black), October Afternoon (red); Rubber Charm: KI Memories; Color Mist: Tattered Angels; Punch: Martha Stewart Crafts; Date Stamp: Office Supply; Pen: Zig Millenium

I snapped these photos of the two of them doing a little manly cooking together at Beth's birthday party, and then I got the bright (twisted?) idea to scrap them on a layout using part of a sheet of chicken paper (by October Afternoon) that I'd included in my May Counterfeit Kit.

DSC_5340.jpg

The question that still remains unanswered is this- have I also inherited the grilling gene? I've actually never tried it (Darren is chief griller-er in our casa). We have a charcoal grill, but lately I've been lusting after the gas variety at Home Depot. And Lowe's. And Target. I'm sure Darren is tired of hearing about them by now! But I dream of them...lovely gas grills with external burners and hookups for both propane and natural gas. 

DSC_5342.jpg

There's a bit of work to do in the back yard to make a nice cooking area before I bring one home, though, so I'll (not so) patiently wait. Who knows- maybe I'll find one on a great sale at the end of summer grilling season!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan