friday favorites | staycation week

Friday, June 3, 2011

Hola, bloggy peeps! I hope you've had a lovely week and a fun weekend ahead. I've actually had the week off work and have enjoyed the pure bliss that comes with just staying home. Not that I've been anywhere near calm, quiet, or bored- it's been "project week" around here with lots of organizing (files, folders, and photos), painting (hallways and dining rooms), cleaning (windows, anyone?), and only a little crafting (I finally finished last year's Week in the Life album!).

Today I'm bouncing between painting our hallway and making cupcake toppers for my Mom's birthday party tomorrow. I'm using some ideas from previous Friday Favorites picks, and today I have lots more to share with you!


From left to right:
  • Anne Jo Lexander walks readers through her design process for this beautiful layout at Crate Paper.
  • I love the ruffled look of these sweet paper lanterns, found at Martha Stewart's The Crafts Dept.
  • Learn to make these sweet fabric leaves at A Beautiful Mess. These were crafted as flower girl petals, but I could see them being used as scrapbook emebllishments, too!
  • The Daily Digi has a great post on using the grid tool in Photoshop Elements.
  • I adore this post at Hula Seventy describing how she tried to burn memories into her mind. I've only tried to do this about a thousand times over the years, so her words totally resonated with me.
  • Get the scoop on the DIY birthday in a suitcase at Prudent Baby.
  • These super fun cupcake toppers are made of fruit roll ups, of all things!! Full details over at The Sweetest Occasion.
  • Sew Woodsy shares a tutorial for making this awesome wood paper rack.
  • These gorgeous bows were made using the Cricut. Full instructions over at Pink Paislee.
Have a scrappy weekend!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan