piles of scrapbook pages (that aren't my own)

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I don't know if it's some sort of innate nosiness or perhaps a touch of voyeurism, but I totally love looking at piles of scrapbook pages...specifically piles of other people's scrapbook pages.

I could try to be all deep and say that I love looking at piles of possibility, piles of creative energy...piles of memories. But, really, I think that I'm just OCD and love looking at piles of stuff waiting to be sorted and organized.

It's also fascinating to get an insight into how other scrappers categorize and store their pages, so today I'm going to link up five related posts by five different scrappers, all about their piles of layouts.


Maggie Holmes pile of layouts is colorful and inspiring all on its own! She talks about organizing her pages here.


Shimelle Laine recently wrote a lovely post about an afternoon that she spent organizing her pages. Two things jump out at me about her system...first, she organizes layouts chronologically for the most part. I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to hear an influential scrapper say this since so many other big voices these days seem to be saying this is not such a good thing and produces pages "without a lot of substance" (as I heard one scrapbooking guru in particular say very recently). The second thing that jumped out at me is that she uses almost exactly the same type of system I do- same albums, same way of storing all sizes of page protectors, and same method of determining if something goes in a regular album or gets a book all its own. Very cool!


Ali Edwards actually wrote a whole series of posts in which she describes how her pages are sorted into books. Her main post about actually getting all of those pages ready to organize is here.


May Flaum just recently started her layout organization adventure by sharing a photo of all of her completed pages (the sheer number of layouts she's scrapped is amazingly cool). I'm looking forward to reading more in the future about how she goes about putting them all into albums.


Katie Nelson shows off her stack of printed digital pages here. The pile represents every page she scrapped in 2010, all ready and waiting to go into an album. I'll admit to being a bit jealous of digi scrappers who can fit upwards of a hundred layouts in a single book!

Just looking at all these stacks almost makes me want to go pull all my layouts out of their albums and organize them all over again. But just almost...I think I'll scrap a pile of new ones to sort instead!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan