crate paper june color challenge

Thursday, June 16, 2011

DSC_5961.jpg

This month I managed to get my act together and remembered to submit a layout to the June Color Challenge on the Crate Paper blog...right before the deadline. This may or may not have involved me staying up just a bit later than I should have on Sunday night, because of course I also had to watch the latest Doctor Who from iTunes (all I can say about that is OMG, OMG, OMG!!) before scrapping.

Tara picked a wonderful color palette this month that coordinated with some of the papers in two of my most favorite of Crate's recent lines- Restoration and Emma's Shoppe.


And this is the layout that I came up with:

_DSC7542.jpg

Supplies | Patterned Paper: Crate Paper (Emma's Shoppe, Restoration; Cardstock: The Paper Studio; Buttons: Papertrey Ink; Chipboard: Crate Paper (Emma's Shoppe); Letter Stickers: American Crafts (white), My Little Shoebox (pink); Journaling, Border Stickers: Crate Paper (Emma's Shoppe); Color Mist: October Afternoon Sprinklers (5 and Dime); Punch, Doily: Martha Stewart Crafts; Date Stamp: Office Supply; Pen: Zig Millenium

Those of you who were here to see yesterday's layout may be saying, "Flowers again, Melissa?!?!" To which I reply, "Yup!!"

They just seem to go so well with such bright color palettes! And we take trips to the local botanical gardens at least a couple of times a month, so I end of with oodles of flower photos on my hard drive.

DSC_5960.jpg

Oh, and the most fun part about entering this challenge? I won!! Color me shocked, because there were some truly awesome entries this time around. I emailed Darren when I found out and told him that his feet were famous now. :)

DSC_5959.jpg

In unrelated news, if you haven't heard yet the newest volumes (yes, there are two!!) of Sketches for Scrapbooking went up for preorder this week. This time around they're releasing a book each of one- and two-page sketches!! Off to place my order!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan