green frog studio layout | exploring atlantis

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

DSC_5127.jpg

I've really (and I mean really) been enjoying my Studio Calico subscription since I renewed it earlier this year, so when it was my turn again to make a layout for one of Celine Navarro's sketches over at the Green Frog Studio, of course I pulled out my latest kit (which at the time was 35mm)!

exlploring atlantis.jpg

My assigned sketch was a 2-pager this time, so I opted for one of my "regular layout + divided page protector" combinations and got a bunch of photos from our Nassau vacation in 2010 into my Bahamas album.

DSC_8988.jpg

The right page of Celine's sketch didn't include a photo, but I opted to put one in, anyway- I just love this picture of Darren being silly next to a dragon statue in Atlantis.

DSC_5129.jpg

And can I just say how much I adore that gray background paper? It's one of the exclusives that was in the May kit and was designed by Sassafras!

DSC_5128.jpg

This combination of two vertical and three horizontal 4x6 photos has become my go-to for divided page protectors lately- I try to take a good mix of both orientations of photos, and I love that this particular design (by We R Memory Keepers) lets me include both.

DSC_8991.jpg

You might have noticed that the paper strip on this page is on the right instead of the left as it is in the sketch. There's absolutely no artistic reason for that whatsoever- it just happened that because of the orientation of this particular page protector the strip fell on the right (close to the album rings) so I went with it!

DSC_5126.jpg

Thanks to Shimelle Laine's recent Cover to Cover class, I've started to pull together more of my vacation photos both from Nassau and Aruba to be printed and scrapped. If you haven't checked out her workshop yet, I highly recommend it- it's a "process" type class filled with very practical tips for turning your albums into something more cohesive than just a pile of pages. Such great stuff!


Supplies (click on images for product links):



CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan