lily bee layout | the signs of aruba

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

DSC_6129.jpg

My Aruba photos have been calling to me lately, so I'm making an effort to get them all printed (they're already edited, thank goodness) and scrapped a little at a time. On this layout for the Lily Bee blog today I pulled out just a few pictures of store and shop signs that I photographed in country and put them on a page. Yes, I was a bit nutty about it and had Darren pull the car over any time I saw a sign that was interesting. Luckily he didn't mind. :)

DSC_6135.jpg

Most of the papers on this page are from Lily Bee's Buttercup collection, though I did throw in a pink pattern from the Handmade line to add to the "beachy" feel of the page. And, again, that fantastic Lily Bee Stationery (this time in Mushroom) makes an appearance in place of my usual (though becoming less usual by the day) plain cardstock background.

DSC_6128.jpg

There's quite a bit of paper layering here and just a bit of stamping and heat embossing with white Zing- honestly it's so subtle that you might not even notice it. I tried to make it blend with the rest of the design rather than being the star of the show.

DSC_6130.jpg

If I can't be on vacation right now (I'm counting the days until Celebration VI in Orlando this August), then the next best thing is scrapping photos from a previous favorite trip. :)


Supplies (click on images for product links):



CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan