lawn fawn layout | national aquarium

Thursday, June 7, 2012

DSC_6056.jpg

I've got another Lawn Fawn layout to share today! This one uses the Bright Side paper that was introduced at the winter CHA show (shhhh...you didn't hear it from me, but I hear they have new paper designs in the works!) and the new Critters Down Under stamp set from the summer releases that were introduced last week.

DSC_6059.jpg

I have a serious soft spot for Aussie critters. My favorite stuffed animal of all time is a battered old koala that I've had since I was...well...for as long as I can remember, at least! There's an adorable koala stamp in the Critters Down Under set, and I thought I had koala photos from the National Zoo in DC to use with them, but, alas, when I looked through my pictures I had pandas instead. Not even close to the same thing.

I did have a photo of a crocodile from the D.C. branch of the National Aquarium (taken back in October of 2010 on one of our weekend trips to visit Darren's brother), and since I've been wanting to get more photos from that trip out to scrap, anyway, I thought this would be the perfect way to get the ball rolling on those pages!

DSC_6055.jpg

A little heat embossing, a little fussy cutting, a little layering, and a little bit of stitching later, this layout was finished!

DSC_6058.jpg

Now I need to go back to the rest of the photos from this trip and get a bunch ready to print!


Supplies (click on images for product links):



CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan