layouts | doodlebug guest design

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Hi, everyone! I just wanted to pop in today to share the layouts that I made for my guest post on Doodlebug Design's blog last month.

Doodlebug sent me the Hello Spring collection work with, along with some of their basic papers- like glittered polka-dot cardstock in every color in their signature palette!

DSC_6044.jpg

This layout probably came together the most quickly out of the three traditional pages that I made. Between that fun notebook paper background and the layered pennants, the design was super fast to make.

DSC_6049.jpg

DSC_6050.jpg

DSC_6051.jpg

Supplies:



Southern Spring is my favorite of the layouts that I made- my obsession has moved from cherry blossoms to my hydrangea bushes ever since summer set in.

DSC_6045.jpg

The photo was definitely the inspiration for this page, and I used it to choose the color scheme for the page- lots of purples and blue here!

DSC_6038.jpg

I also broken out the mists on this one, using a Pink Paislee misting mask and a little bit of Mister Huey in Opaque White to add some detail.

DSC_6039.jpg

And then I started layering patterned paper blocks until I had the arrangement I wanted.

DSC_6041.jpg

DSC_6046.jpg

DSC_6047.jpg

DSC_6048.jpg

Supplies:



This last page is the most "artsy" of the three- I actually broke out some molding paste to use!

DSC_6043.jpg

After the molding paste (applied over the Pink Paislee doily misting mask) dried, I added a few watercolor hints to it with some very watered down Mister Huey- I love how these mists can be used for so many different things!

DSC_6042.jpg

DSC_6052.jpg

DSC_6053.jpg

DSC_6054.jpg

Supplies:



This was such a fun guest spot to do- thank you Doodlebug, for inviting me to play with your fun collections!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan