project life 2012 | week 19 + 2012: captured's june edition

Friday, June 15, 2012

You: What's this?!?! A Project Life post on Friday?
Me: Yes!
You: But...but...will there still be Friday Favorites today?
Me: Yes, they'll be up in a second post later tonight. :)
You: So, why are you posting Project Life today, then, instead of on the usual Monday?
Me: Well, there are two reasons for that, so let me explain...

The first reason is that I'm one of the guests in Lisa Truesdell's 2012: Captured class at Two Peas in a Bucket this month! The class went live this morning, and I wanted to go ahead and get the week that I put together for it up, too!

The second reason is that this coming Monday I won't be posting a Project Life page. Instead, I'll be blogging some fun new goodies from DCWV! They have several new Stacks debuting at JoAnn stores starting next week, and they sent a few over for me to play with ahead of time. I have new layouts and of course photos of the goods to share on Monday, so stay tuned for that!

Getting back to Project Life, I sent Lisa my Week 19 spread to use in her class, and I kind of went nuts with Studio Calico's Take Note collection along with their exclusive stamp set over at Two Peas (I've linked up all the supplies at the end of this post). The focus for the June edition of 2012: Captured was using stamps and how to handle weeks where you don't have a lot of photos.

project life 2012 week 19.jpg

At first glance, it may seem like I actually had quite a few photos for the week (and in reality I did), but all but four of these were taken in a single day- on Saturday, at the end of the week when I realized that, ooops, I'd not really been taking a lot of photos at all! Luckily Saturday was a big day filled with a 5K and an early Mother's Day lunch for Darren's Mom, along with some other fun stuff, so I managed to make the week look full after all. And really we tend to do more on the weekends, anyway, than during the week, so it's an accurate reflection of our lives.

DSC_6141.jpg

As for the focus on stamping, I found lots of little places to include stamped bits. It helps to use a stamp set (like the Studio Calico one that I picked) that has smaller images that are easier to fit on tiny canvases.

DSC_6143.jpg


DSC_6141.jpg

The "Go, See, Do" on this card was stamped on a ticket.

DSC_6141-2.jpg

DSC_6141-3.jpg

DSC_6141-4.jpg

And this Insta-grammed image was stamped onto cardstock and then punched (I used an old Martha Stewart pinked circle punch) out to create a custom embellishment.

DSC_6141-5.jpg

DSC_6143.jpg

The tiny "morning," "afternoon," and "night" stamps were very easy to fit in here and there. Definitely love this set!

DSC_6143-2.jpg

DSC_6143-3.jpg

DSC_6143-4.jpg

Be sure to head over to Two Peas to see Lisa's whole lesson and to also check out Vee Jennings' (the other class contributor for June) gorgeous week, as well!


Supplies (click on images for product links):



CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan