bella blvd layout | determined

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

DSC_6069.jpg

Just like I can't run every 5K as fast as I would like, not every layout I make is perfect.

But I'm always determined to do better at both.

DSC_6077.jpg

I'll be the first to admit that this page that I made, attempting to show a grungier side of Bella Blvd papers, perhaps didn't turn out quite as I'd intended it to. Actually, I think I was okay up until I added the gesso. And honestly I actually did like the page when I was finished, but now that I've had a few weeks to dwell on it...maybe not so much. :) But, just like the race it documents where I almost, but not quite, came in under 27 minutes, the layout almost, but not quite, lives up to what I originally set out to make.

One of the things I do really like about this page is how the title turned out. I took a cue from Lisa Truesdell's washi-backed words from a recent post on the Two Peas blog and used some of Bella's Designer Tape (torn in messy strips) behind a phrase that I cut on my Silhouette using the Blackout font.

DSC_6062.jpg

DSC_6063.jpg

DSC_6071.jpg

DSC_6070.jpg

Some layouts are instant classics, and some are ongoing lessons. And I've learned that sometimes even the ones that I'm not so fond of are actually the ones that my readers end up loving, so in the end it's all good. :)

And maybe next time I'll step away from the gesso...


Supplies (click on images for product links):



CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan