friday favorites | november 9, 2012

Friday, November 9, 2012

Hello, and happy Friday, peeps!

I wanted to take a minute before I get started on this week's picks to thank everyone who left such kind comments about my first foray into video-making on yesterday's post. I even had a couple of comments requesting more of them, and I can tell you that's something that is definitely going to happen! In fact, I'll let you in on a little secret- I decided to start making videos in a fit of desperation over what to do when design teams want tutorial posts. I am most decidedly not a tehnique-oriented scrapper and tend to be more process-driven instead (more on that another day), so any technique tutorial that I do happen to come up with is bound to feel forced and a a little artificial- and I don't do forced and artificial scrapping. Videos like yesterday's are actually pretty easy for me by comparison (I've already filmed two more since that one!) thanks to my iPhone and iMovie, so I'll gladly do those in place of technique posts any day.

I also wanted to say how very excited I am that so many of you are also thinking of making 2013 a stashbusting year! I'm so looking forward to spending the year rediscovering some of my favorite older collections and getting them out of their Cropper Hoppers and into my scrapbooks. Just so I don't set any expectations too, high, though, I do want to warn you that I still plan on doing a few varied and sundry enabling posts if I find anything that I just have to have (like the Hello Kitty date stamp at Michaels- more on that this weekend) and also the seasonal product roundup posts like the recent Christmas and Winter edition.  I've also developed a serious addiction to Kelly Purkey's stamp sets at Simon Says Stamp, so I'm sure any new ones she comes out with will have to come home to live with me, too. But there will definitely be much, much less purchasing and more scrapping with old items next year- and, yes, I plan on doing videos of my stashbusting adventures throughout the year, too. :)

Whew! I got a little long winded there, so let's jump right into this week's picks and finish this thing off!

 

From the top left:

  • I love this idea from the Chic Tags blog for including a confetti-filled bag as an entire page in a mini album.
  • Have more washi than you know what to do with? Design Sponge suggests using some of it for DIY photo frames!
  • Ashli Oliver (aka SoapHouseMama) shares a look at her creative space and also walks readers through how her organization is tied to her scrapbooking process.
  • Learn to make this lovely paper wreath at The Red Thread.
  • I Lowe Scrap posted a tutorial for making this lovely December Daily mini album.
  • I have a serious love of maps, and Vivian Masket has been hosting "Map Week" all week long on Write. Click. Scrapbook. Check out the posts here, here, here, and here.
  • This technique-filled tag post at October Afternoon was posted too late for me to include it in the pre-Halloween roundups, but the paint and mist techniques shown could easily be translated to any season.
  • Cocoa Daisy rounds up some great inspiration for using divided page protectors in your scrapbooking.
  • The Nutcracker is one of my favorite parts of Christmas tradition (I have a huge collection of the dolls in many different themes) and Hostess With the Mostess has blogged a lovely party full of nutcrackers and modern, bright, cheerful colors. 
TTFN!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan