love the red cups {lawn fawn}

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

DSC_3022.jpg

We're having a Very Fawny Holiday over on the Lawn Fawn blog all week, and today it's my turn to share some inspiration using one of their Christmas stamp sets. I chose Winter Fox- one of the smaller sets- and stamped the image on kraft paper before cutting it out and using as an embellishment on my layout.

DSC_9598.jpg

Starbucks is not my usual thing- I only go once or twice a year, and almost always around Christmas- so their red cups are one of those special little things about the Christmas season for me. So, while the photo on this layout is of the iconic red cup and Christmas themed sleeve, the journaling tells the story of how these cups for me are reminders of special events like the Botanical Gardens' annual Galaxy of Lights, walking through the Christmas lights at Rock City, or the annual Christmas tree lighting at Bridge Street. Of course, I have photos of all those things to scrap, too, but this is just a little something that ties them all together.

DSC_3023.jpg

I actually used Winter Fox in two spots on my layout- once for the custom embellishment that I've already mentioned, and a second time I used the included sentiment to add just a little something extra to one of the other embellishment spots on the page.

DSC_3024.jpg

Be sure to check out the other awesome projects that the Fawny girls have dreamed up over on the Lawn Fawn blog- there's a sweet poop-up card, a card set, and a great candle decorating video in the mix!


Supplies:



CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan