geek girl | november 25, 2012

Sunday, November 25, 2012

So, would I lose any geek cred with you guys if, say, I confessed that I've only played through a handful of levels in Angry Birds Star Wars since downloading it on release day? ::hangs head in shame:: Unfortunately, it's been so crazy busy here that I just haven't had time!

I did, of course, find time to round up some fantastic picks this week (the Tigger/Who one in particular has me tripping all over myself in geeky glee), so perhaps that'll help restore my geekling status. :)

 

From the top left:

  • This custom made R2-D2 engagement ring is simply stunning. Now there's a guy with serious geek cred!
  • My brother sent this along (thanks, J!), and I laughed so much that I had to share it here- how to explain Doctor Who to various people in your life.
  • Last week I shared a fabulous dollhouse-sized Bag End, and this week the iconic residence from The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit makes an appearance in...twisted ballons?
  • Roqoo Depot takes a peek into some possibilities for upcoming additions to the Star Wars/Haynes manual line.
  • Timothy Zahn's Scoundrels novel isn't due to release until January 1st, but on December 10th you can download the prequel short story, Winner Lose All, in the electronic format of your choice. 
  • Her Universe shares a peek into their Cyber Monday (uggggghhh! I hate that term!) offerings. Love the "Whovian" shirt in particular.
  • I'm not sure if this is cool or just plan wrong, but Think Geek is now carrying light-up lightsaber popsicle makers.
  • You guys, I've discovered a new-to-me cake decorator to end all cake decorators. You'll be seing a lot more of Nerdache around here, especially if it means that more epic awesomeness like this Tigger/Doctor Who cake are in the future. I mean look at Dalek Piglet! Look at the Fez! The cuteness, it kills me!
  • And let's end with something else cute, shall we? Amy Atlas posted this adorable monster themed party- love the color and those funny little faces!
MTFBWY!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan