new dcwv christmas and winter stacks at joann stores {video}

Thursday, November 8, 2012

It was an early Christmas for me a couple of weeks ago when I came home to find a box filled with the newest seasonal stack from Die Cuts with a View waiting for me! They've got exclusive collections at both JoAnn and Michaels stores, and I'll be sharing layouts made from several of these stacks in the weeks between now and Christmas.

I'm going to start off today with a look at the three new patterned paper stacks that are now available at JoAnn stores, along with the Christmas and Winter Cardstock and Rhinestone Stacks that coordinate with all of them. DCWV is offering a wide variety of Christmas and Winter paper options in their new stacks, incorporating a range of styles. I'm going to give a quick overview of all the JoAnn stacks today (you can see the full video on them by DCWV here), and then I have a layout and a video (yes, a video!) of my own for you!

The Heirloom Christmas stack leans toward traditional colors, and the addition of a lovely shade of dark gray gives a sophisticated feel to the stack. Half of the sheets in this stack include glitter or gloss accents, and the paper has a smooth, non-textured finish.

DSC_2853.jpg

Almost all of the new stacks include a set of cutout tags, perfect for either journaling on your pages, dressing up cards, or even using as gift tags.

DSC_2855.jpg

Trendy prints like this gray chevron would make great backgrounds for layouts, as would the text print below (probably my favorite print in the stack!).

DSC_2858.jpg

DSC_2859.jpg

If you like traditional bright reds and Christmas greens, then the Evergreen Stack is definitely for you! It's decked out in iconic Christmas images and colors, and lots of them! Half of the sheets in this collection also include foil accents, and again the paper is smooth and non-textured.

DSC_2845.jpg

There are only a few "scenic" prints in this stack, with most of the rest being smaller repeating patterns. I instantly think cardmaking when I look at this stack- it's so festive and cheery!

DSC_2848.jpg

December Daily an Journal Your Christmas participants will love the sheet of cutout numbers, as well.

DSC_2846.jpg

DSC_2851.jpg

The final patterned paper stack now available at JoAnn stores is the Arctic Wishes collection. DCWV switched gears from Christmas to Winter with this one, which has a color palette of various shades of blue accented with silver and blue foil. The paper in this stack is also smooth, making it great for stamping.

DSC_2813.jpg

I fell in love with the geometric prints in this stack- this chevron sheet was among my favorites, and you'll see it used in the layout below.

DSC_2814.jpg

DSC_2816.jpg

And see these lovely geometric trees? What a great use of triangles!

DSC_2815.jpg

DCWV has also shipped a pair of coordinating collections along with the three new stacks. The Christmas and Winter Rhinestone Stack takes prints from all three collections and adds a bit of bling to them. The prints here are all repeated from earlier stacks, so this is also a great one to get if you want a mix of all three in one.

DSC_2868.jpg

DSC_2869.jpg

DSC_2870.jpg

DSC_2872.jpg

Matching cardstock is always useful with new patterned paper, and DCWV has thought of that, too. The Christmas and Winter Cardstock Stack coordinates with all three of the patterned stacks and includes plain textured colors along with a few glitters and foils. I'm thinking that those last two really need to be introduced to my Silhouette soon- gold foil titles sound so elegant for Christmas layouts!

DSC_2831.jpg

DSC_2833.jpg

Speaking of layouts, I have one to share before I go, and I dug into the Arctic Wishes collection (along with the cardstock and rhinestone stacks) for it.

DSC_9576.jpg

I'm also trying something brand new here on the blog (and I hope that DCWV doesn't mind being the guinea pig for it)- I've made a video! I filmed myself as I scrapped the page above, then sped it up and set it to some hopefully not-too-annoying music (I just used one of the included loops in iMovie) so you won't hear me talking (I'm leaving that to the masters like Shimelle). I've been completely inspired by similar videos that Jana Werner makes of her scrapping process and decided to try it for myself.

A couple of notes before you watch:

  • Every once in a while you'll see me go off camera to the left- that's where my paper trimmer is. It's massive and doesn't fit on my desk, so I have to step to the side to use it.
  • There are about 20 seconds toward the end where I cropped in to the top corner of the page for a bit. I accidentally leaned into the camera's view and my head was in part of the shot. I thought it was a little distracting (and I was only working on the top corner of the page, anyway), so I cropped it out.
  • At 5:51 you'll see me make the absolute dumbest mistake with adhesive ever. It's okay. I'll own it. :)


DSC_2878.jpg

DSC_2877.jpg

DSC_2879.jpg

You'll be seeing more of these and a few more of the new DCWV stacks here on the blog between now and Christmas. I'm looking forward to sharing those layouts with you!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan