on the midway {citrus twist kits}

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Just a note that Geek Girl is taking a break this weekend after last week's epic post. She'll be back next week with more geekery!

DSC_2729.jpg

Citrus Twist has revealed the first of my November kit layouts (this one was made with just the add-on kit) on their blog today along with a sketch challenge!

DSC_9567.jpg

Citrus Twist's kits this month are a fantastic combination of Studio Calico's Yearbook, October Afternoon's Midway, and several other collections. I've said it before, but it bears repeating- I love how much color Trina includes in her kits (this is the only layout I made with a white background since I was so inspired to use some of the patterned papers for the base of my other pages). It makes scrapping photographs like this one from my family's trip to the 2012 Tennessee State Fair so easy and fun!

DSC_2731.jpg

I loved the way this rosette from Basic Grey's Paper Cottage collection worked with my layout, but the sentiment on the original banner across the top didn't fit the theme of the page. No problem, though, because the exclusive stamps in the kit made it easy to create a new one that worked perfectly! I simply peeled off the old sentiment and added the new one with a Glue Dot.

DSC_2730.jpg

This is just the first of many layouts that I've made with Citrus Twist kits this month (7 in all including 3 Project Life layouts, and I wanted to make more but ran out of time!), and I'm excited to share the others with you in the weeks to come. In the meantime, please hop over to Citrus Twist to check out the kits and join in on the sketch challenge!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan