project life 2012 | week 35

Monday, November 5, 2012

I felt like playing with lots of fun patterns and color for this week's Project Life spread, so I broke out my Echo Park Everyday Eclectic 6x6 pad, a new booklet of Simple Stories Snap sayings cards, and some embellishments from Amy Tan's Sketchbook line (along with a few other bits and baubles) and got to work!

project life 2012 week 35.jpg

I'll admit right up front, cutting into that Everday Eclectic pad was hard! I just love the mix of chevrons and doilies and camera prints and woodgrains, and I had to keep reminding myself that it was all going to have a much better chance of actually being seen if it was in my album rather than in my scrap room. It also helped that I'd recently read how Ashli Oliver completely used up her full-size Everyday Eclectic collection, making the most of it by spreading it through all of her albums- so inspiring!

DSC_9579.jpg

There are quite a few more "filler" cards here than I normally use. For some reason I thought I'd printed two or three more full 4x6 photos than I actually had, so I was a bit short on stuff to put in the pockets. No matter! It all worked out pretty well in the end.

DSC_9581.jpg

I spent a good deal of time on Friday and over the weekend cleaning and organizing my scrap room. I won't be rearranging it again this year (I love how it's set up now!) as I have in the past, but I finally had time to stop and realize just how much stuff is here that I want to use! Things that I truly like and will use but just haven't made time to put on my pages yet. I'm going to be talking more about this later in the week, but for now I'll just say this- 2013 is going to be the Year of Stashbusting around here!


Supplies:




CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan