geeky gift wrap {pretty little studio}

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

DSC_2419.jpg

This week's sketch at Pretty Little Studio included pie charts as embellishment options, and even though these spots could really be used for anything, I chose to stick with the circle graphs. I'd had a small technique in mind for a while to help put a bit of a geeky spin on the pie chart trend, and this layout was the perfect place to try it out!

 

DSC_9559.jpg

There are several easy ways to make pie charts including hand cutting and using an electronic cutter as I did on this previous layout. This time around, though, I turned to the circle graph "Plano" stamp by Hero Arts for Studio Calico to help make my embellishments.

I stamped several different patterned papers in Pretty Little Studio's Jingle Bells collection with VersaMark ink, then embossed them with white powder (you could also do this technique with just plain stamp ink, but I like how the slightly raised texture of the embossing powder really stands out on the busy patterned papers). The Plano stamp left behind perfect radiating lines for cutting wedges out of the stamped circles, and I mixed up several different size wedges to form new circles. The circular lines around the outside were helpful when I wanted to make two of the pie charts a bit smaller- it was so easy to just cut along those lines to keep the circles even!

DSC_2422.jpg

And since this layout was about the lovely geeky Christmas wrap that a friend put together for my gift last year, I thought that geeky Christmas pie charts were the perfect touch for the page! I simply topped them with a bit of patterned paper, a button, and some twine to finish them off.

DSC_2420.jpg

This week for me is going to be gift wrapping week! Everything is currently piled up on one side of my scrap room, waiting to be packaged up and put under the tree (which is not up yet- I'm not that far ahead!), so I've got double the reason to get it done now- to have it all finished by the end of November and make some space in my scrap room!


Supplies (click on images for product links):



CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan