uah homecoming hockey {pretty little studio}

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

DSC_2411.jpg

Our boys in blue are back out on the ice as the University of Alabama Huntsville hockey season officially kicked off again last month. Darren and I attended the homecoming game a few weeks ago, and of course I toted the camera along!

Normally the tickets from these games find their way into my Project Life album (except for that mildly embarrassing pile of stubs from my pre-Project Life years), but when Pretty Little Studio issued a "pockets" challenge last week, I decided to use those tickets on an actual layout instead!

 

The inspiration image above is decidedly Thanksgiving themed, but since pockets were the main theme of the challenge I tossed the fall-ish look aside and went for a blue and white winter-y feel, instead. The photos were taken inside of a rather chilly ice rink, after all!

DSC_9561.jpg

DSC_2412.jpg

I tucked the tickets into a glassine bag (that's been laying around in my stash forever, by the way- so happy to have it used, finally!) that in turn sits behind a couple of photos, and it's easy to slide them out to look at them and then hide them away again so they didn't have to become part of the actual page design itself.

DSC_2413.jpg

DSC_2414.jpg

I don't think that I'll make using ephemera like this a normal thing on my layouts since all that stuff already has a good home in my Project Life albums, but it's fun to try something different every once in a while!


Supplies (click on images for product links):



CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan