project life 2012 | week 38 {citrus twist kits}

Monday, November 19, 2012

Of the seven layouts that I made for Citrus Twist kits during my guest design spot with them last month, three were Project Life spreads. I don't normally do quite so many PL pages with a single set of supplies, but I wanted to see just how far I could stretch their Project Life kit- as it turned out I finished three pages (with just a bit of help from the main kit on the one below) with no problem and actually had enough supplies to make 1-2 more, at least. With a full 6x6 pad and several 12x12 sheets in the mix, there was plenty of paper to work with in the kit, and I only touched the main and add-ons to bring in a few extras such as washi tape and one of the tags from the Acorn Avenue cut-apart sheet (and that's just because I was in a mix-y kind of mood).

project life 2012 week 38.jpg

Here's just a quick look at how I work with a kit- this little set of bowls is from Target's summer tray line (you can read more about how I use several trays while working with a kit here), and after I was finished making a page each using just the main, add-on, and Project Life kits I threw all of the remaining embellishments together so I could see what I had at a glance.

DSC_2811.jpg

One of the fun things I noticed while working with the Citrus Twist Project Life kit this month was that I could almost split it into two kits of its own- one one side there are lots of neutrals, woodgrains, and muted colors from Amy Tan's Ready Set Go collection, and on the other there are a couple of really bright papers from Echo Park's For The Record 2 and Dear Lizzy 5th and Frolic. I ended up making a Project Life layout with each "half" of the kit (you'll see those later this month), and this page mixes everything together.

DSC_9586.jpg

DSC_9589.jpg

I hope everyone has a happy Monday today! I'm off to work on installing more kitchen tile!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan