if dreams were wishes... {citrus twist kits}

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

DSC_2725.jpg

Trina surprised me last week by posting one of my layouts along with the intro post for my Citrus Twist guest design spot this month (by the way, the new November kits have been revealed here!) I totally wasn't expecting that, but I'm happy that she did because I love this page (made with just the main kit) and now I get to share it here instead of keeping it under wraps a while longer!

DSC_9569.jpg

First of all- no, that's not my boat! It's some random yacht that I snapped a photo of while we were in the Bahamas a couple of years ago just because I thought it was rather awesome. You see, for the longest time I'd wanted to own what I called a "Bond Villain Yacht" and sail the world...you know, instead of having to deal with TSA and flying for vacations. Alas, I don't have anywhere near a Bond villain's cashflow, so a big power boat is out. But a big live-aboard sailboat? Now that is completely doable (especially if we buy a used one) and is one of the reasons we've kicked saving money into high gear around here (and one of the big reasons I will be curtailing a lot of my scrapbooking purchases next year- I'm going to try to keep it to just this one kit).

DSC_2726.jpg

So, back to the page and away from my daydreaming (which is what the journaling on this layout is about)...

I started this page thinking I would use a more neutral sheet for the background, but that beautiful teal lattice print from Studio Calico's Yearbook collection has that perfect aquatic hue to it, so I used it instead. I'm so glad I did, because it combined with that little fabric banner (a Citrus Twist kit exclusive) give the whole page a nautical feel without it being over the top, in your face boat-themed.

DSC_2728.jpg

The entire photo/paper cluster is mounted on a kraft bag that was actually part of the kit packaging. It really helped to ground everything and keep it from being overwhelmed by the bold background.

And now that I'm done daydreaming of scrapbooking and boats in tropical places on a chilly November morning, it's time for me to head off to work and reality!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan