bella blvd | project life | september 18-24, 2011

Sunday, December 4, 2011

DSC_4766.jpg

If you read the Bella Blvd. blog yesterday, then you got the scoop on my newly rebooted Project Life effort. Yes, after month of just not doing it, I was finally inspired to pick it up again and work on it. I spilled most of the details about this particular layout over on the Bella Blvd. blog, but I wanted to go a bit more in depth here about why I've finally started working on Project Life again.

So, more details on that after the layout photos!

DSC_4730.jpg

DSC_4732.jpg

DSC_4733.jpg

DSC_4735.jpg

DSC_4736.jpg

DSC_4767.jpg

DSC_4771.jpg

DSC_4770.jpg

DSC_4768.jpg

After completing Project 365 in 2009, I took 2010 off from doing a daily documentation project. Toward the end of the year, though, I regretted that decision and missed all the little things that the project captured that wouldn't otherwise get scrapbooked. So, armed with a Project Life kit (the 2010 edition that I bought on sale the day after Thanksgiving that year), I launched into the project in 2010 and loved it...up until May or so. And then for some reason that I just couldn't figure out at the time I lost interest, and all my Project Life materials and collected ephemera just sat in a sad little pile in my scrap room.

DSC_4097.jpg

DSC_4101.jpg

A few months ago, though, I started seeing Project Life blog posts from scrapbookers such as Marcy Penner, Lisa Truesdell, and Michelle Wooderson. Their pages were so fresh...so fun...and so different! And after a little while of studying their layouts, I discovered why- they were using Project Life page protectors and some of the kit elements, but also mixing in (or completely using) their own supplies, as well.

And then it hit me- I wasn't bored with Project Life itself. Instead, I was bored with the format! I mean, I love the divided page protectors, but using the same type and style of product for it week after week was seriously sucking the fun out of it for me. So a few weeks ago, with a renewed creative interest, I pulled out that sad stack of stuff that had become my Project Life "pile" and started to sort it out.

I started by going through the album and labeling each page protector with a Post-It note labeled with the dates that were covered by that week. My plan is to go back and fill in weeks as I feel like it, but I'm not worried on getting caught up, per se. This way, I can choose weeks that I really want to work on and be able to quickly go to just those photos (by date) in my Lightroom catalog.

DSC_4122.jpg

The dates also helped me to arrange all the collected "stuff" by week. I simply stuck an extra 8.5x11 page protector between each spread that I had collected items for. Later on when I do the actual layout I'll move these items around and put them either in pockets or another appropriately sized page protector.

DSC_4124.jpg

Some smaller items I did just stick in a temporary pocket, though.

DSC_4125.jpg

DSC_4126.jpg

DSC_4128.jpg

I also had a small stack of photos that I'd already printed up for the album but never put in their slots. I decided to go ahead and finish up those weeks with the supplies that were already slotted in the album (I'd pre-filled it at the beginning of the year) just to get them done, but from now on I'll be doing this album with supplies that I love, including those for both the kit clubs (Sweet Peach and Scrapbook Circle) that I design for along with, of course, more Bella Blvd.

I'm so excited to have this project going again, and I definitely plan on continuing it into next year now that I have it in a format that I love!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan