layout | first halloween featuring the dcwv bewitched stack

Thursday, August 30, 2012

DSC_8500.jpg

Today I'm happy to introduce the newest Halloween themed stack that's now available at JoAnn stores, the  Bewitched Stack. Is anyone else experiencing the urge to wiggle your nose right now? Halloween Stacks have long been one of my favorite items from Die Cuts with a View- in fact, if you've been a reader here long enough, you might recall my Halloween Glam post from two years ago that featured (among other collections) the Midnight Spell stack. I loved the scrollwork, chandeliers, and candelabras in that collection, and there are several patterns in Bewitched that will coordinate with that older collection along with lots of fun new motifs as well!

This jack-o-lantern damask print is probably my favorite in the whole collection, along with the orange-on-black grid and the sweet orange glittered polka-dots. And, as you can tell from the stack's cover, there's plenty of bright green and purple included, too.

DSC_8501.jpg

DSC_8502.jpg

DSC_8503.jpg

The Bewitched collection of stacks includes a coordinating 12x12 cardstock stack along with a set of mat stacks (patterned, cardstock, and adhesive cardstock- I'll touch on that last one a bit more in a week or so when I share a Project Life week made using this collection) in a handy 4.5x6.5 inch size.

DSC_8499.jpg

I dug into both the 12x12 patterned paper and cardstock Bewitched stacks to make this layout documenting my adorbz nieceling's first Halloween.

DSC_9498-2.jpg

Funny story about those photos- I didn't take them! You see, as much as I love Halloween, I have very few photos from it because our festivities begin and end with carving pumpkins and handing out candy to kids. Photos of sculpting jack-o-lanterns are a staple in my Halloween gallery (and I've already scrapped last year's- yikes!), but I never have any costume photos to scrap since we don't dress up. So I emailed my brother and begged him to send me any photos he had of Sophie in her costumes. Luckily he'd taken these on his point-and-shoot camera and I was able to edit them up a bit before printing them out.

And I may be biased, but I think she was the most adorable flower ever. :)

DSC_0823.jpg

The Bewitched stack includes a sheet of cut-out tags, journaling spots, and little bits of text art like the "little monster" square above. I also used one of the journaling spots on this page, which you can see in the photos below (along with some super-old embellishments from my stash- those brads harken all the way back to Basic Grey's Eerie collection!).

DSC_0824.jpg

DSC_0821.jpg

I still have Project Life weeks made with both the Bewitched stack and the Autumn Melody stack (that I previously blogged about here), so stay tuned for those over the next couple of weeks. We're not quite through with this round of DCWV stacks yet! And is anyone else excited to see what they come up with for Christmas?!?
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan