Citrus Twist Winter 2014 Blog Hop

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Welcome to my stop on the Citrus Twist Kits organizing blog hop! Today each member of the design team is sharing an organizational tip, and there are also opportunities to win some great prizes.

Today's post is taking the place of my usual "This Month in My Scrap Room" series, and starting on Wednesday I'll actually be transitioning that content over to Workspace Wednesdays so I can share in smaller snippets. Today, though? I have a peek into my updated small embellishment storage!

DSC_4508.jpg


I've blogged about these three-drawer sets that I use to hold small embellishments before, back when they were stored on my Expedit shelves, but now they have a new home...in Frankentable's shelves! If you have no idea what Frankentable is, then this post will tell you all about the massive worktable that Darren and my Dad built for me out of two old bookcases and a sheet of MDF.

When last I spoke of Frankentable he was still awaiting shelves, but they've since been installed and dude, this table has a ton of storage now, especially with an identical set of shelves (sans the drawers and holding baskets instead) on the opposite side! Dad loaned us a template and bit set from Rockler that makes drilling holes for adjustable shelving a snap, and a little drilling (by Darren) and some scrap 1x12 lumber (hooray for using stuff we already had!) later, these awesome shelves were in.

I originally started out with six of the three drawer units (from Target, though they were clearanced out late last month), but early last year I added six more when I started working with Two Peas and needed to keep my regular stash separate from the items that they stocked. Now that my term with the Peas has ended, I'm combining everything together and using one unit for each color- Pink, Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Aqua, Blue, Purple, Black/White, and Brown/Cream. I also have a unit for multi-color items, and the final unit is for seasonal pieces with a separate drawer for Christmas and Halloween, and the remaining holidays sharing a drawer.

Within each individual unit, the top drawer holds flat-ish items such as labels, chipboard, and journaling cards.

DSC_4509.jpg


The middle drawer is for buttons, brads, bling, flair, and enamel dots.

DSC_4511.jpg


The bottom drawer is for items that are either bulky or have a bit of texture, like foam or felt.

DSC_4512.jpg


I'm totally not afraid to cut sticker sheets or enamel dot packages apart (or to split up die cut packs, etc.) to fit them into color categories, and I find that I really do use my embellishments more when they're stored this way- it's just how my brain works!

I still have quite a few things on my to-do list for my scrap room- I definitely still need to paint the table top and the new shelves- but since I like scrapbooking way more than I enjoy organizing, I'm happy to take it slow. I'll be posting future updates on Workspace Wednesdays, and I'll also share a little more about how I organized the rest of the storage space in Frankentable.

I mentioned some prizes, right? :) Citrus Twist is offering will pick two commenters who leave a note on all of the design team blogs to win a $10 gift certificate to the Citrus Twist store. One commenter will also be chosen to win one of our main kits!

To participate, leave a comment on each designer's blog and then come back to the main blog hop post and leave a note letting us know. Comments end on Tuesday, February 4th, and the winners will be announced on the Citrus Twist Kits blog by Friday, February 7th. You can also find a handy list of all of the design team members' blogs on the main hop post, as well.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Nathalie's lovely blog is the next stop on the hop.
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan