Project Life 2011 - August 28 - September 3

Monday, February 17, 2014

I'm posting my Project Life layout a bit late tonight, but for a great reason. This weekend I pulled out four new release collections that I've been wanting to play with and finished four full weeks in my 2011 album, which is so close to being completed! My plan is to finish it off while I continue working through getting the rest of my 2013 photos printed and figure out how I'm going to tackle printing for my 2014 switch to a 6x8 album (I think it's going to involve more smaller photos and fewer full-pocket pictures).

project life 2011 - august 28 - september 3.jpg

I've actually already used this line- Everyday Moments by Elle's Studio- for a previous layout, but I still had plenty of great pieces left after last week's really simple page. I pulled out mostly red and yellow pieces to create a color scheme to match the photo of the bowls from Anthropologie on the right hand page, and I also used lots of neutrals again since that experiment worked so well for me last week.

DSC_0239-2.jpg

DSC_0240-2.jpg

DSC_6027.jpg

DSC_6029.jpg

DSC_6028.jpg

It's kind of cool that I scrapped the photos from this particular week now. It was the week in 2011 that Darren went back to school to start his Master's degree- the degree he'll be finishing up in just a couple of months. This was a big step toward his re-application to medical school, and now he's nearly on the other side of it, interviewing at schools and waiting to hear if he's accepted to any of them. Some of his research has been documented along the way in Project Life albums, too, since he often texts me photos of his lab work. Those aren't the types of pictures that would make it onto one of my regular layouts, and they're just one of the reasons that I love doing Project Life- to have a spot for many of those smaller or ongoing stories!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan