Geek Girl - February 2, 2014

Sunday, February 2, 2014

I've been avoiding the Super Bowl this evening and instead wrapping up my CHA Winter 2014 coverage- 35 booth posts and more than 2,000 photos worth of it! If you missed any of the posts, they're all filed under the CHA Winter 2014 tag, and you can also see all 35 related Flickr sets in this collection.

Before I retire from the computer for the evening and settle in to watch the last episode of this series of Sherlock (a much more anticipated event in this household than almost any sporting event), though, I wanted to get in a good round of Geek Girl! And next week? I'll be blogging from my semi-permanent seat on the sofa for 2+ weeks- the Olympics are the only sporting event sure to invoke my couch potato mode!

gg feb 21

From the top left:

  • You know it had to happen eventually- Downton Abbey has now been immortalized in Lego, complete with customized minifigures.
  • File this under "Most Likely Just a Wild Rumor," but word going around is that Hugo Weaving (The Matrix, Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Captain America...and about a zillion other movies) is "attached" to the upcoming new Star Wars movie as an Imperial commander. If they do not also have a "Lieutenant Anderson," it will be a crime against all that is good and geeky.
  • There's a Kickstarter project up at the moment to make geeky sprinkles. TARDIS, steampunk, and Harry Potter sprinkles, to be exact!
  • The BBC recently released the first photos of Peter Capaldi on the Doctor Who set (thanks for sending that link along, Fiona!), along with a reveal of the 12th Doctor's outfit
  • This set of My Little Pony themed wedding bands was featured on Fashionably Geek.
  • As the owner and operator of a small laser cutter, I totally sympathize with the amount of work and planning that went into these amazingly geeky laser-etched wood blocks.
  • Danielle Thompson made the incredible kawaii solar system bracelet out of Sculpey clay. I have got to learn how to do this!
  • One of my favorite geeky artists, Katie Cook, recently posted several Star Wars/My Little Pony mashup drawings on Twitter, including this one of Pinkie Pie as a Jedi
  • This exploding TARDIS was created by Adventures in Acetone (what an awesome name for a blog!) in celebration of Doctor Who's 50th anniversary special.

And one last thing before I go- the trailer for the new Muppet movie, due out this coming March!


MTFBWY!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan