Dreaming of Summer with new Elle's Studio

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A big pile of the new releases from Elle's Studio landed on my desk last weekend, and, while I have several projects in mind for them over the coming weeks, I decided to start off with something simple. I had just about an hour to play in the scrap room last night, so I put together a quick layout using this week's sketch challenge on the Elle's Studio blog.


DSC_0236-2.jpg

Supplies:


We're in the middle of a winter storm here- we had one round of snow last night and are in for even more tomorrow, and, while I love the snow, I've also been missing summer something fierce. Since those hot months are still a little ways off, I did the next best thing and scrapbooked a couple of photos from the local Farmer's Market using Elle's Everyday Moments collection (with just a branding strip from Love You More to add a touch of red striping).

DSC_6017.jpg

This page turned out super simple- perhaps more simple than I was originally going for- but sometimes simple and quick is just good! I didn't layer on tons of accents and instead stuck to a few wood veneers (with "shadows" stamped behind them), a tag or two, and a little banner treatment at the top.

DSC_6015.jpg

The little apple paper clip in the photo below is the only thing here that's not from Elle's collections. After placing my title (and dude, those little kraft alphas are definitely my new faves!), I thought that it needed a little something extra to help draw attention to it. I opened up my green embellishment drawer and quickly found the cute little clip (I have no idea who made it) and added it for a finishing touch.

DSC_6016.jpg

I'm working on a Project Life layout with one of the new Elle's Studio lines right now, so you'll definitely be seeing more of these papers and embellishments in the coming weeks!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan