Friday Favorites - February 21, 2014

Friday, February 21, 2014

It's finally Friday, and I am so excited for this weekend! I'll be visiting my parents, and tomorrow Mom and I are going to head out early for a little day trip to IKEA! We had this trip planned long before the news that IKEA is discontinuing the Expedit shelving series broke, but, now that I know that, I'll likely pick up one of those gorgeous high-gloss turquoise ones that I've had my eye on ever since it came out.

I'm taking my camera with me and will be sure to take photos of anything I think would work well in a crafting space (much as I did in this post), especially anything that's part of the new batch of items coming in. It should be a fun trip!

I've also packed up a few scrapbooking goodies to take along with me, thinking I might sneak in some crafting time when we're just hanging around the house. If crafting is also on your own agenda for the weekend, then you might find something in my picks this week to help jump-start your creativity!

ff feb 21

From the top left:
  • Since metal dies are becoming more common in scrapbooking as well as cardmaking, I thought it would be handy to link up this die cutting sandwich chart from Paper Crafts Connection.
  • Check out how these custom embellishment clusters were made at Citrus Twist Kits.
  • These little paper stars look like origami, but are actually a much easier cut and fold version. You can download the template to make your own at Minieco.
  • I love interactive elements on layouts, especially when they're used to add extra photos or journaling to a page. This particular version from the Pink Paislee blog adds a mini album using an Instagram frame.
  • This cool tutorial at Paper Crafts Connection shows how to get a watercolor look using your stamp inks and a stencil. 
  • Disguise your somewhat-less-than-fine-literature magazines as classic novels with this tutorial at Photojojo.
  • Heidi Swapp shows you how to make this mini album in a video tutorial.
  • These photo calendar cards using digital elements from Paislee Press would be a great way to add little personalized calendars to your Project Life album.
  • Pink Ronnie shares how she puts together her childrens' Project Life albums in a very detailed and informative post.
TTFN!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan