Workspace Wednesday - Labels and Tags

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

This Workspace Wednesday is all about labels. And maybe a little about tags. :)

I use labels quite often in my Project Life layouts, and tags make a regular appearance on many of my scrapbook pages. Instead of sorting these items by color, I decided to group them all together in two bins at the very end of Frankentable's shelves...mostly because I really didn't feel like cutting them all apart and sorting them by color, and also because they're one of the few items that I go looking for by function rather than color. Plus, I just think they all look pretty together!

DSC_4586.jpg

I keep my label stickers grouped together in an ice cube bin that was the perfect size to take up the rest of the space on a shelf after my color drawers were in place. I bought mine for about $4 at Target, and Amazon also carries them. It's super easy to slide it out, flip through to see if anything inside will work with my current project, and- most importantly- it's simple to put it away again!

DSC_4587.jpg

Inside are label stickers of all kinds, including Martha Stewart labels from Staples...

DSC_4590.jpg

DSC_4591.jpg

...and labels from scrapbooking manufacturers like My Mind's Eye and Bella Blvd. I don't keep them sorted in any particular order beyond keeping the printed ones off to one side and the blank ones on the other.

DSC_4592.jpg

I've also started adding little sticky-tab pads to this box, too, including little Post-It Note type stickers from Basic Grey and Studio Calico. I use them in pretty much the same way I would a label, and, again, I'm just really not in a mood to split these all up by color!

DSC_4593.jpg

I keep the little sticker sheets that come with Simple Stories Sn@p Sets in here, too, since they often have several labels on them.

DSC_4594.jpg

I also have another identical bin on Frankentable's lower shelf just for tags. I order my gray and white tags in bulk from the office supply store (I think these came from Staples) and am always reaching for them to use for journaling on a layout or a Project Life page.

DSC_4595.jpg

If you're confused by the Frankentable reference, you might want to check out this post in which my Dad and Darren built me the best scrapbooking table ever...using two old bookcases and a sheet of MDF!

Workspace Wednesdays are inspired by Marcy Penner's post series, where she shares glimpses into her creative space and invites other crafters to do the same.
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan