Project Life 2013 - Week 35 with Citrus Twist Kits

Monday, February 10, 2014

The February kits from Citrus Twist aren't quite what you might expect from a release that happens so close to Valentine's Day, though since they're a mid-month club and don't start shipping until the 15th, maybe it's not so unexpected after all! In any case, instead of the pinks and aquas and proliferation of all things heart-shaped that you're seeing right now, the new kits have a much bolder color palette based on the primary colors in Kelly Purkey's Mon Ami collection for Basic Grey.

Those colors, as it turns out, were perfect for scrapping some late summer photos from a week last August, especially since these photos had tons of yellow in them, including the food at a lunch out with Mom and Dad to Darren's shirt at the Botanical Gardens.

project life 2013 week 35.jpg

Along with those bolder colors, I also included lots of neutral white, gray, and cream in this layout. After watching Noell's latest Paperclipping video along with another by one of my favorite Project Life-ers, Leena Loh, I realized that my spreads sometimes look so crazy busy to me because I use tons of color without much breathing room. The addition of the large neutral areas with just little pops of color really helps this layout not feel crowded, I think, and I'll definitely keep that in mind going forward.

DSC_0228-2.jpg

DSC_0230-2.jpg

DSC_5983.jpg

DSC_5984.jpg

DSC_5985.jpg

I have something like four or five of my 2011 Project Life weeks in-process at the same time on my scrapping table right now, and I love it! At this rate I'll be closing out that album in no time, meaning that 2011 and 2012 will be completely finished! I'm also making good progress on getting the rest of my 2013 photos edited and printed, and I've started on my process for my 2014 6x8 albums. I love being able to dive in at different parts of the process and do the things I feel like doing on a certain day, whether I feel like being lazy and editing at my computer, being geeky and working on a new process, or being crafty and actually making a layout.
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan