New Layout + New Kits at Citrus Twist

Thursday, February 6, 2014

The new February Kits at Citrus Twist went live yesterday, and today's layout was made using just the main kit, Good Life. There are lots of fun goodies in this month's kits including new papers from Kelly Purkey's Mon Ami collection for Basic Grey, chipboard from October Afternoon's Daily Flash line, and of course fun exclusives including flair badges and wood veneers.

DSC_0231-2.jpg

Ahhhh, 8.5x11. When I'm stuck these days, I've found that pulling out this size tends to help at least get things started. I admit that I have not been feeling my most creative lately, and it actually worried me a little until I realized that the exact same thing happened at nearly the exact same time last year. Winter and I do not mix well at all, and this particular one has of course been one of the coldest and harshest in a while. It's been gray, it's been windy, it's been really, really cold, and I am so tired of doing all of my workouts indoors. And now I'm really tired of hearing myself whining, so I'm going to stop. :)

DSC_5993.jpg

After making this layout I took a couple of days off of scrapping, cleaned my craft room, did a little Pinterest browsing, and even indulged in a little Disney planning (it will be my first time there ever- yay!). I think I'm ready to get back to making layouts now with a fresh perspective and a much lighter attitude (I was being way too hard on myself when I started scrapping this page), and I don't think I'll have any trouble finishing my other layouts by the time they're due in the Citrus Twist gallery on the 7th. Sometimes they just don't come as easily as they usually do, but I have to keep reminding myself that this too shall pass.

DSC_5990.jpg

DSC_5989.jpg

Another thing that's looking up right now? Even though it's still quite chilly here, it's the perfect time to plant lettuce seeds so we can once again have fresh salad greens, just like the ones in the photo on this layout. That means spring, my running shoes, and my beloved cherry blossoms are not far behind!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan