Project Life 2011 - August 14-20

Monday, February 24, 2014

Last week and for the next several weeks I'll be sharing the remaining Project Life pages from my 2011 album. I've mentioned a few times before that I'm a bit behind on getting my photos from the end of 2013 and the beginning of 2014 edited and printed, but I'm making good progress on catching those up and will be sharing a couple of tips about how I'm making that happen soon.

Until then, I do have all of my 2011 photos printed and ready to go, and for this week's layout (covering August 14-20), I decided to use the new Styleboard collection by Maggie Holmes for Crate Paper.

project life 2011 - august 14-20.jpg

Supplies:


One thing you'll probably notice right away when looking at this layout is that it's a lot more embellished than what I normally make! That's by design, since as I was working on this page I was feeling like doing lots of layering and clustering. I actually really enjoyed that process, though at the end my pages did feel really busy. I think that's partially due to the 12x24 format, though, and the fact that it just has so much space to fill- just one of the reasons I'm excited to try the smaller 6x8 canvas for 2014!

DSC_0237-2.jpg

DSC_0238-2.jpg

One of my favorite parts of this page is the large camera that I cut using the Styleboard dies and my Sizzix Big Kick. The dies work perfectly with thin cork sheets, and though I've read about a few people having trouble with these, my cuts came out very nicely whether I used cork or paper. The cut on this page does have a slight tear on it, but that happened after it was cut and stuck down. I had originally placed that flair badge a bit higher, and when I removed it, a small section of the cork came off with it- ooops! Since much of Styleboard has a shabby feel to it, though, I decided to leave it as-is.

DSC_6021.jpg

DSC_6024.jpg

DSC_6022.jpg

This layout is an example of how I fill weeks where I don't have many photos- just play with the empty pockets! If you want more ideas for layouts covering timespans where you and your camera just weren't in BFF mode, I also put together a video lesson covering this topic during my time at Two Peas last year. You'll find that project here.

Thank you so much for stopping by today- have a happy Monday!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan