friday favorites | mini albums

Friday, October 14, 2011

Happy Friday peeps! It's been an eventful week of sorts here, full of all sorts of new stuff. Some of the new is unintentional...like the abandoned/lost kitten that I rescued from outside my gym on Tuesday morning. The same kitten that's still living in my bathroom today, even though I really am trying to either find the owner or a new home for it. I've got two cats already, and I'm far too young to be a crazy cat lady just yet!!

The other new was very intentional- my iPhone 4S arrived today! I totally love it, and I've been joking that I upgraded my point and shoot camera and just happened to get a phone along with it. :) Really, I was happy with my 3GS except for the camera, so it was definitely the catalyst for upgrading. I'll be giving it a workout for the next couple of weeks and then will try to report back with some thoughts on it from a scrapbooking/photography perspective.

For today's Friday Favorites I have a little something special- it's all about mini albums!! There have been so many great ones posted lately, and I gathered up some of my favorites to share with you today!


From the top left:
  • I love seeing unfinished mini books as much as finished ones, and this journal card album from Glitz Designs is entirely too gorgeous!
  • Alissa Fast shares her farmers' market mini album- such a great collection of fall colors and photos.
  • Elise Blaha's seasonal 4x6 minis are perennial favorites of mine, and her Autumn 2011 book is no exception. You can get a look at her progress on it here, here, here, and here.
  • October Afternoon also shared an unfinished mini recently. This one has a travel theme and was made using their fantastic boarding pass line.
  • The Studio Calico design team worked with Amy Tan's mini album from American Crafts last month, and Susan Weinroth's gorgeous travel book really jumped out at me from the group- love it!
  • Speaking of Amy Tan, she also worked with her mini album base from American Crafts to scrapbook her adventures at ScrapFest.
  • Crate Paper shares the amazingly detailed mini album that won their Everyday Challenge.
  • I just had to include another of Alissa Fast's minis here- this one is her completed album from Shimelle Laine's Learn Something New Every Day class.
  • Jen Jockish posted an awesome mini showing off how easily they can be built using 6x6 paper pads. Lots of Crate Paper goodness here!
Have a scrappy weekend!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan