sweet peach layout | thanksgiving at cracker barrel

Saturday, October 22, 2011

DSC_2629.jpg

Are you guys ready for another awesome sketch from the Sweet Peach Crop Shop? Keri has designed another great layout for us with space for a large photo, or (if you're allergic to large photos like I am) a block of smaller photos.

 

I put my layout together using mostly the October Sweet Kit, though I did pull those buttons from the Juicy kit (and a couple of other items came from the Embellishment Add-On). At first I had no idea how I was going to use the burlap from My Mind's Eye, but it turned out to be a perfect fit for the large design at the top of the sketch. I even stuck my title down right over it and stitched through the whole thing.

_DSC8588.jpg

So, what's the story behind this one, you ask? It's kind of a silly little thing, really, but something I wanted to scrap. My family actually came to our house for  the Friday after Thanksgiving last year (since my brother and Beth were with her family on Thursday). That meant that Darren and I were on our own for Thanksgiving Day, and so we decided to treat ourselves to dinner out at Cracker Barrel. It was delicious, and since we were already prepping like crazy people to cook for the next day, we welcomed the chance to not have to cook our own dinner on Thursday, as well.

DSC_2631.jpg

And, yes, I totally did carry my massive Nikon D3 to dinner and took photos of our food before we ate. I do that a lot...just a little warning in case you're ever out to eat with me. :)

DSC_2630.jpg
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan