scrapbook update | letterpress - l letterpress from lifestyle crafts

Thursday, October 13, 2011

DSC_1365.jpg

Over the course of the last couple of months I've been playing mad scientist with ink, brayers, and all manner of printing plates as part of a new mini-series of posts on home letterpress options that will be releasing over the next several weeks at Scrapbook Update. I've had shipments of tools and supplies piling up on my front porch to support this little effort, and my dining room looked like a photography studio- complete with multiple cameras and a massive tripod- for several weeks in August and September.

And you know what? It was fun! I'm not normally a messy scrapper, so getting my hands gooped up with inks, solvents, and adhesives was a new experience. I won't lie- there were times that the cleanup frustrated me to no end, and some days I was glad to wash my hands of it all (literally) and be done with the testing for a while, but in the end I'm very proud of the work I did, and I hope that this review series will help scrappers and cardmakers who are considering one of the many consumer-grade letterpress systems that are available.

_DSC8477.jpg

DSC_2260.jpg

Each review in the series will show step-by-step how each system works, give any pros and cons associated with the tools, and will also show a few projects in the form of cards and mini album pages.

Yup, that's right- I made a whole mini album just for this project (using some awesome goodies from Bella Blvd.'s Finally Fall collection), and I'll be releasing it a few pages at a time in the relevant articles.

_DSC8590.jpg

Today marks the first post in the series and focuses on the L Letterpress from Lifestyle Crafts. Hop on over to Scrapbook Update for the full review, plus a peek at some of the extra capabilities this machine offers.

See you there!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan