simple scrapper | next!

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

DSC_2596.jpg

I've held off on sharing my Simple Scrapper layouts from the October Template Collection until now for a really good reason- I made them with my Scrapbook Update/Scrapbook.com kit, Autumn Sunlight, and I've been (not so) patiently waiting for its public debut before introducing these layouts to the world!

Even though the kit is filled with late summer/early fall colors, that doesn't mean it's not versatile enough to use for loads of different subjects! I thought that the papers (especially that pink ledger background from Crate Paper's Farmhouse line) were also a great fit for photos of my niece's first birthday party.

_DSC8582.jpg

Sophie was absolutely hilarious opening this box filled with presents from my parents. She'd pull out one thing, literally throw it backwards over her head, and then dive in for the next item. My brother could hardly keep up!

DSC_2598.jpg

I filled the kit with some of my favorite embellishments- butterflies, doilies, buttons, and brads- and sprinkled them around the page to add some interest.

DSC_2597.jpg

Before I go, I've got a couple of kit-related questions I'd like to run past my readers. What do you prefer in kits? Lots of paper, or lighter on paper and heavier on embellishments? Do you like getting cardstock in your kits? I included five sheets in Autumn Sunlight, but I'm not sure if that's something that consumers actually want (and if I leave it out, I have wiggle room to include another embellishment). I know that I usually don't use the cardstock included in a kit unless it's a neutral color, but I'm not sure if that's just me.

Please leave your thoughts in the comments- my next kit is set to release in December, and I'd love to have your feedback as I put it together!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan