bella blvd layout | fair

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

DSC_3620.jpg

Layouts, layouts, layouts- it's all layouts around here this week, isn't it? I've got one today and another tomorrow. None on Friday, though, since that's always reserved for Friday Favorites. :)

Today I've got a Bella Blvd layout to share with you! Bella has been doing bi-monthly Saturday sketches for a while now, but last weekend marked the beginning of a new era- Becky Fleck (oh she of the amazing Page Maps web site) has joined up with the Bella Blvd Studio blog to create exclusive sketches just for us. How exciting! You can see Becky's first sketch for us over at the Bella blog, and here's the layout I based on it...

DSC_8932.jpg

Yup, I pulled out more photos from last September's family trip to the Tennessee State Fair and paired them up with Bella's super bright Sunshine + Happiness collection. I followed the sketch fairly (no pun intended) literally- honestly I loved the placement of the photos and papers so much that I didn't want to change anything! It's not often that I use such big chunks (well, big for me) of patterned paper, and I was happy that the sketch was able to bring out something just a little bit different in my scrapping.

I also pulled out one of my favorite photo tricks for this page- fake Instax photos! I originally found the instructions here on the Elle's Studio blog, and it's become a staple of my scrapping ever since. I just can't bring myself to buy an actual Instax camera and film when I have a perfectly good DSLR at my disposal, so this is the next best thing for me.

DSC_3622.jpg

I couldn't resist sprinkling some of those super fun new Bella embellishments around this page. I'm in love with those green Bursts buttons! Seriously, I think that the buttons and tape were my favorite things from the last Bella release. I can't stop using them!

DSC_3621.jpg

Speaking of Bella Blvd, the new April issue of The Bella Buzz newsletter is now available for download! It's always packed with new layouts and ideas, and best of all it's free!

 


Supplies (click on images for product links):

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan