lily bee + the old stash corollary

Thursday, April 12, 2012

DSC_3748.jpg

My first layout as part of the Lily Bee design team was posted to their blog on Tuesday. There are so many things I could talk about with it- how I adore that hexagon print from the Victoria Park collection, how I love Lily Bee's color palettes, and how timeless the patterns are. This is the kind of paper that's just classic and never goes out of style.

But (even though I could go on and on about them) I'm not going to talk about those things right now...I'll save that for my second layout later this month, where I'll absolutely gush about my love of Lily Bee's style...and rainbows.

DSC_8939.jpg

Right now, though? I'm going to talk about how wonderfully Lily Bee papers work with older supplies. And I may also ramble a bit about The Big Bang Theory.

As I was putting this layout together (the photo is one of my adorbz little niece that I took on my birthday), I just happened to glance into one of my baskets of random supplies and spotted this set of gold foil embellishments from Making Memories' older Vintage Findings collection. I've probably had this set for a good three years, yet I'd only used a few pieces of it up.

DSC_3713.jpg

I was happy to discover that these old embellishments work so well with this new paper collection! That's one of the great things about the timeless Lily Bee styling (ooops, looks like I brought it up, anyway!) that I was talking about a little earlier. This paper will never go out of style, and it combines well with other classic supplies no matter their age.

DSC_3751.jpg

Don't believe me? Then check this out! I've had this sheet of printed vellum in my stash for more than 10 years. Yes ten! It originally came in one of those little books full of similar patterns that could be found in one of the scrapbooking aisles at Michaels. I think it was by Hot Off The Press- does anyone else remember these? I'd already used most of it years ago...making my wedding invitations, no less...but a few sheets are still hanging around in my scrap room (I did have to do a bit of digging to find them).

DSC_3712.jpg

Vellum sort of fell out of popularity a while ago, but it's beginning to make its way back- especially as a layering element, as I used a snippet of it here. How's that for using some old supplies? :)

DSC_3750.jpg

Oh, and The Big Bang Theory part...remember the title of my layout? Soft Kitty? Yeah, totally inspired by this...





Supplies:

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan