project life 2012 | week 9 | featuring anthologie by we r memory keepers

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

As promised I'm back on track this week with my Project Life posts, though I'm still skipping around a bit on my weeks to work in some assignments and features.

project life 2012 week 10_1.jpg

For this week I pulled out some of the new Anthologie line from We R Memory Keepers to work with. I was struck by the aqua, green, and coral color palette of this collection when I first spotted it at CHA in Anaheim earlier this year, and I was thrilled when the company sent me a 6x6 pad and a small selection of tags and embellishments to work with. If you're a current Project Lifer who uses the Amber edition kit, you might want to pay special attention to this one- the colors and patterns play so well with the existing Amber Project Life elements, and if you're looking to pick up something to spice up your album here and there, this line might be just the thing for you.

project life 2012 week 10_3.jpg

Week 9 chronicles a business trip that a coworker and I took to Ohio, and since we drove it was a true road trip! I always try to find fun ways to make business travel an adventure, and a trip to IKEA, a successful search for a good running park, and lots of great food actually made for a fun week when we weren't at the office. I love the Anthologie line's emphasis on finding beauty and adventure in the everyday and thought it would be the perfect collection to help capture the feel of this week.

I did have one 8.5x11 insert for this week containing a map from IKEA, a menu from a really good sushi place in Ohio, and the playbill from Darren's niece's senior musical. Unfortunately I was at work the whole weekend and not able to attend, but I included it anyway since Darren did go and it was such a big event for his family.

project life 2012 week 10_2.jpg

Here's a closer look at the left-hand page, which is full of details about the trip.

DSC_8924.jpg

I found the Anthologie tags to be useful in several places on this spread, especially when cut into smaller pieces and used as decorative elements as I did in this pocket in the top right corner of the page.

DSC_3264.jpg

And the papers? Just gorgeous (and of course the 6x6 pad was just the perfect size for cutting down to fit the Project Life pockets).

DSC_3265.jpg

DSC_3266.jpg

I had fun sprinkling some of the Anthologie stickers around my layout, too. Like I said before, I love the theme!

DSC_3267.jpg

Here's the right-hand page, with a little more about the trip and then a few photos from regular life back at the office in Huntsville. I pretty much spent the whole weekend there, so this Project Life layout has the distinction of being the only one in my album so far that includes zero pictures from home.

DSC_8925.jpg

I used another half of an Anthologie tag along with some of the pretty crochet trims here on my title block. (The alpha is by Close To My Heart.)

DSC_3269.jpg

I dressed up a plain grid Project Life card with a small strip of the Anthologie paper- just a little touch to help pull some of the non-collection supplies on the page together.

DSC_3270.jpg

DSC_3271.jpg

I'm so happy to be getting back in the groove with this project. I'm currently up to date with keeping all of my photos edited, printed, and organized in 8.5x11 page protectors along with memorabilia, so at this point I can just pick up a week and scrap. And using different supplies every week? That makes it even more fun!


Supplies (click on images for product links):

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan