friday favorites | april 13, 2012

Friday, April 13, 2012

Congrats to Dora Jacobs, who won the pass to Amy Tan's Collect + Create class at 2 Peas in a Bucket! Dora- I've emailed you to confirm your contact info. Congrats, and thanks to everyone who entered!

IMG_1652.jpg

So this photo is almost completely random and has nothing to do with today's Friday Favorites. I found it on my phone before BodyPump tonight while I was playing with Instagram and waiting for class to start. It was actually taken last Friday right after a heavy storm, when I looked up from my desk and spotted the biggest, brightest rainbow I'd ever seen right outside the window across the hall from my office. And what a day to not have my camera- you could see the entire double arch, and I actually called Darren to get him to bring my wide angle lens so I could fit it all in. Alas, it was almost faded when he got there (though I'm still glad he brought it).

Here's a photo from the D3- I edited, saturated, and basically pushed it within an inch of its life to get those colors to show up! You would not believe how much brighter it was not twenty minutes before this shot! Totally going to have to scrap this one.

DSC_3670.jpg

Okay, randomness over, so let's get on with the picks!

 

From the top left:

  • Piradee Talvanna posted these absolutely adorable confetti-adorned tags on the Pink Paislee blog a few weeks ago. Such a perfect way to use up some scraps. And speaking of scraps, yes, another Use Your Scraps Week is coming up soon!
  • I'm quite enamored with the idea of cutting a mask with my Silhouette and then filling in some of the misted areas with the leftover patterned paper bits from the mat. Love this example from October Afternoon's blog!
  • Melissa Phillips recently posted an excellent example of taking inspiration pieces from various blogs and using them to make something completely different!
  • Alissa Fast always makes the most beautiful mini albums, and her 29 Days of Love book is no exception!
  • Learn how to make this cute DIY sewing kit at A Beautiful Mess.
  • Becky Higgins recently posted a list of Project Life photo ideas geared toward teens, but I think that many of these apply to adults, as well!
  • I love the pop-up elements in this card by Betsy Veldman, not to mention the beautiful, bright color palette! She used special dies from Papertrey Ink to create this effect, but it could easily be re-created using an electronic cutter or even hand cutting.
  • Anabelle O'Malley's lovely chartreuse-inspired mini can be found on the Crate Paper blog.
  • TackORama has a great collection of vintage/50s/diner style fonts- perfect for titles and die cutting!
Have a scrappy weekend!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan