green frog studio | layout | bonsai

Thursday, April 19, 2012

DSC_3616.jpg

Happy Thursday, peeps! I'm back with my last layout share of the week. This page was up on Celine Navarro's Green Frog Studio blog yesterday for one of her sketch challenges.

DSC_8933.jpg

If you saw yesterday's Bella Blvd. page, then this one may look a tad familiar. I nearly laughed out loud when I received both sketches in email, just days apart, and noted that they were so similar. Again, this one has three small vertical photos in a row, making it a perfect candidate for another set of faux Instax-style pictures (tutorial here at Elle's Studio).

DSC_3617.jpg

I pulled out the January kit from Studio Calico for this page (yes, I did finally decided to re-sub after a several year hiatus- their kits have really been calling to me lately, and I have to say that I'm enjoying using them again)- I even used one of the little packing cards (with the octagon pattern, as seen in the photo above) on my page!

DSC_3619.jpg

The photos are from a random trip to the local botanical gardens here. We have a membership and go pretty often, which is one of the reasons I have so many plant/flower photos to scrap! The bonsai exhibit is one of our favorite places at the gardens- they have lots of these little trees and rotate them out fairly often (and it doesn't hurt that the peony garden is right behind it). It's always a treat when one of the really old (as in 100+ years) trees is on display.


Supplies (click on images for product links):

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan