geek girl | april 22, 2012

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Hola, and happy Sunday, geeklings! It's been a fun weekend here with a trip to the aquarium yesterday and a hike planned for later today (but first there's a bit of gardening to do), and of course I've got your weekly dose of geek all ready to go, as well!


From the top left:
  • A yummy Star Wars Death Star birthday cake, found via TheForce.net.
  • It's Domo!! On cupcakes, thanks to Cupcakes Take the Cake. And this is where I admit that I have a Domo-As-Chewbacca t-shirt that I occasionally wear (you can find that one here on Think Geek). 
  • Crochet and knitting are two crafts that I haven't tackled yet, but I think I'm going to have to move them up on the to-do list, especially since keep seeing awesome stuff like this crocheted cast of Star Trek: The Next Generation
  • Club Jade always seeks out the best in wacky Star Wars merchandise, and one of their last finds was this R2-D2 can cooler.
  • The official Star Wars blog brings us a look at some of the promotional items being offered in conjunction with the release of The Phantom Menace in 3D, including this R2-D2 figure from 7-11. 
  • A couple of weeks ago I mentioned that I'd lost a link to a Doctor Who/TARDIS styled wedding ring, but, guess what?! I found it! (I think it was lost in the time vortex.) Check it out here on Tumblr.
  • For more geeky bling including this awesome MST3K necklace, head on over to Epbot (where Jen is infinitely more geeky and snarky than I- I bow to her awesomeness). 
  • Ever wondered what sci-fi book might be best for you? Bit Rebels has an amazing flowchart that just might help you out!
  • And, because all geeky girls still gotta have their cool shoes, amazingly detailed Star Wars heels, also at Bit Rebels
Until next time, geek out, peeps!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan