friday favorites | april 27, 2012

Friday, April 27, 2012

Happy Friday, peeps! I hope you all have super fun weekends planned!

As for me, I'll be running like crazy right after work today. My niece asked me yesterday if I would take her prom photos tonight, and as it turned out the only time that lined up in our schedules was right after my weightlifting class at the gym and right before her pre-prom dinner. So she's going to be all dressed up and gorgeous, and her photographer (umm, me) will be in running shorts and whatever crazy t-shirt I wear to the gym tonight (which will almost certainly involve lightsabers- my t-shirt I mean, not the gym, though it would be the cooooolest gym ever if they had lightsaber classes...)

Wait, where was I?

Oh, crafty picks! Yes, how about I stop rambling about proms and the gym and lightsabers and just give you a roundup of crafty goodness. :)


From the top left:
  • This bowl made of rolled paper strips would be a great way to use up some leftover scraps! Check out the Doodlebug blog for details.
  • October Afternoon design team member Stacey Kingman gives a tour of her scrap space. I love how she used colored paper strips in the fronts of her paper drawers- everything looks so orderly!
  • Elsie Larson shares tips for getting great indoor photos at A Beautiful Mess.
  • These sweet flowers are made from dyed paper towels! Learn how at The Sweetest Occasion.
  • And if you want bigger flowers, Design*Sponge shows how they made these massive blooms for a recent Ruche photo shoot.
  • I love this fabulous mini album by Anne Jo Lexander- so pretty and full of lovely layers!
  • Learn to make this sweet little mini album at Elle's Studio.
  • I don't remember how I came across the fantastic scrapping of Nayda Rocha, but I love this girl's fun, colorful, eclectic style!! Be sure to check out her Project Life pages, as well!
  • Monika Wright always makes the prettiest mini albums, and her My Favorite Memories of us album is no exception!
Have a scrappy weekend!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan