card | sweeter together

Thursday, July 5, 2012

I'll readily admit that cards aren't my strong suit. At all. But recently I realized something that made me go "oh, duh, Melissa!" and might be part of the reason for my lack of card making kung-fu. And it's so simple that I don't know why I've never realized it before...

So, every layout I make? Is a 12x12. Square. And when I try to make cards? I always start with a standard A2 4.25x5.5. Rectangle. I don't do 8.5x11 layouts because the proportions just don't click with my style, so why in the name of all that is good and paper-y did I think that a rectangular card was going to work for me?

So while I had the February Studio Calico kit out on my desk to make yesterday's layout, I decided to experiment with a square card- 6x6, to be exact. And this resulting card came together in about 20 minutes flat!

DSC_6501.jpg

DSC_6503.jpg

DSC_6504.jpg

I think that this is going to be the start of my love of cardmaking- finally! And who knew that it could be such a simple fix?!?!


Supplies (click on images for product links):



CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan